I think I'm getting this down! That's right.. I'm super woman! At least I know how to manage the sleep deprivation. I can now operate heavy machinery with a solid 3 hours of sleep. Heavy machinery usually consist of a breast pump. I can also type with one hand and I would like to see a show of hands to those who can do that... ahhh not so fast! Well me and motherhood seem to be getting along just fine. I have taken the crew to the mall by myself and we also all made it home which means I didn't forget one. God knows I tried! Donovan often mentions that we could leave them at the fire station with no strings attached and just walk away. That is soooo tempting when the twins are both screaming, Miles is dismantling some important piece of equipment and the dog is barking for the millionth time to come in from outside. You know like its not bad enough I have demanding kids... add a demanding dog to the mix and it just seems like a practical joke! I have found the key to hectic situations is to laugh when I feel like crying. Some days I laugh quite a bit.
So lets see just a few things.. Emily goes for a hearing test May 9th to tell us whether she will need hearing aids or something along those lines. For those who don't know Emily had failed her hearing screening in the hospital and in the clinic so we are going back for a full work up. We do know she has hearing loss in both ears but we will find out more detail in May. They do want her to have aids by 3 months if things haven't improved so please pray with us for God to do something amazing in her! But other than that things are wonderful. Miles seems to be handling two more woman in his life just like I thought. He is happy one minute and the next he wants to offer a little bit of rough love I guess would be putting it nicely. Is kicking considered a love pat???! But truly he is a sweet boy all the way. I am very blessed to have such a great crew and an adoring husband. I think the only reason he hasn't left us is the hefty child support that would be coming to him :) I'm just kidding, I think he really does love us and his life- thank the Lord b/c I couldn't raise this army alone!
Love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A kick to a little boy IS a love-pat! That is awesome though. Josh and I are glad that you guys are doing so well. I know that you must be exhausted. We will be praying for little Emily. Let us know how it goes. We know what great miracles God can do. I'll also bring it up at ladies night! That's sure to take care of it! Big love to you and Donovan and the kids!
Jenn (and Josh) Mattix
jmattix531@gmail.com email me!!!
We are praying for you to stay sane and for little Emily. I have seen God do great miracles including making ears hear. We love you guys. Jeff and Nikki
Post a Comment